Thứ Ba, 27 tháng 8, 2013

Scoot Airlines: budget airline offers upgrade away from under 12s


By

Deni Kirkova




12:54 EST, 26 August 2013




|


03:13 EST, 27 August 2013



8a309 article 2402242 1B791E8E000005DC 137 306x357 Upcoming food and wine festivals


The airline offers exclusivity and privacy as ‘under 12s will be someplace else’



An airline is offering passengers the option to upgrade to seats in a quiet zone – where children are banned.


Scoot, the budget arm of Singapore Airlines, offers customers the option to fly ‘in peace and quiet’, for the cost of £10 (S$18).


They

promise that if they were to opt in for a ScootinSilence cabin,

they would enjoy ‘exclusivity and privacy… as under 12s will be

someplace else’.


The low-cost carrier, which flies to Sydney and the Gold Coast from Singapore, has banned pre-teens from the first seven rows of its economy-class section, allowing passengers can upgrade to the 41-seat ScootinSilence area.


Each seat in the child-free area comes with extra leg room with a pitch of up to 35 inches – four more inches than their standard economy seat.


Scoot CEO Campbell Wilson said Scoot was all about fun, value and empowerment to choose the no frills you value, including baggage, meals, in-flight entertainment and comfort kits.


‘No offence to our young guests or those travelling with them – you still have the rest of the aircraft,’ he said.



Another budget Asian carrier AirAsia X, which flies to Australia from Malaysia, also banned babies from sections of its planes in February, reported the Telegraph.


Malaysia Airlines also banned infants from first-class cabins in its Airbus A380 superjumbos, in addition to its Boeing 747 first-class cabins, saying it had received many complaints from well-heeled passengers about noisy infants.


8a309 article 2402242 1B791E96000005DC 131 634x420 Upcoming food and wine festivals


Scoot has banned pre-teens the first seven rows of its economy-class section







The comments below have not been moderated.



Would pay more for other people to sit next to mine!!



kt

,


Brisbane, Australia,

27/8/2013 13:08



I was right 80% of DM readers are snobby, arrogant, bitter, childless (your not child free out of choice we know most of you are so unstable you can keep a relationship down, barely able to look after yourselves let alone anyone else). And the DM is just as bad for these we hate mum and baby articles. Don’t like children on planes, fly first class. I have as much right as you and so does my child to be on a plane.

- Anon, London Uk, 27/8/2013 0:40————At least we know how to punctuate, love. It’s “you’re” not “your”.



Paul

,


Manchester,

27/8/2013 13:06



I would pay the surcharge for £10.



Anon2013

,


London, United Kingdom,

27/8/2013 13:04



I’d pay extra to not having screaming kids in McDonalds…



fallon3446

,


Newcastle,

27/8/2013 13:02



I use my own in-ear earphones when flying which blocks out all other noise – a British Airways hostess told me this wasn’t allowed. Not being able to prove it was an ‘in-air’ rule I put them back in.



Tibby

,


Bath, United Kingdom,

27/8/2013 13:00



Having recently “enjoyed” a transatlantic flight next to a couple of screeching tiny tots, I would say a tenner for peace quiet is a bargain!



Tellitlikeitis

,


Nowhere, United Kingdom,

27/8/2013 13:00



I would also pay for a supermarket to close the shop down for a couple of hours each day to do my shopping without some blasted kid running and screaming round the aisles while their parents look on thinking their kids are so loveable, and before all the pro kids start I have bought up two girls and I can say I never let my two run round a supermarket/shop they were made to stay with me at all times,



Jean2311

,


Lincoln, United Kingdom,

27/8/2013 12:59



I’d pay tripple that not to sit near a screaming kid. I hate flying at the best of times but my stomach drops when I see children getting the the plane. You can guarantee that they are ALWAYS sat behind me and they are always whinging and kicking my seat. All airlines should do it. Bravo, I will fly scoot when I get the chance.



Jillyrun88

,


Nottinghamshire,

27/8/2013 12:58



I was right 80% of DM readers are snobby, arrogant, bitter, childless (your not child free out of choice we know most of you are so unstable you can keep a relationship down, barely able to look after yourselves let alone anyone else).

And the DM is just as bad for these we hate mum and baby articles.

Don’t like children on planes, fly first class. I have as much right as you and so does my child to be on a plane.


- Anon, London Uk, 26/08/2013 11:40


I’m child free out of choice. Not everybody wants children, not everyone likes children.

Nobody is saying you don’t have a right to fly, were just saying that we, as childless people, would prefer not to fly with you and your kids.



Nat

,


Chesterfield,

27/8/2013 12:57



Yes, in fact there should be child free zones EVERYWHERE. Not everyone likes kids and their smug parents and would happily spend time away from them. But why should the child free pay. those with kids should pay EXTRA.



Hasbadoola

,


London, United Kingdom,

27/8/2013 12:56




The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.



Scoot Airlines: budget airline offers upgrade away from under 12s

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét